Pro-wrestler turned Hollywood actor Dwayne The Rock Johnson recently said that he and his family who had previously been tested positive for COVID-19 are now safe and healthy. In a video message posted on social media on Wednesday, the actor said that he, his wife, and their two young children who had been affected by the virus in recent weeks have now all recovered.
In the Instagram post, Johnson who is 48 said that he and his spouse Lauren, who is 35, and their daughters, Jasmine 4, and Tiana 2, had caught the coronavirus about two and a half weeks back from their very close family friends whom he said had no idea how they had become infected.
The video which was shot at his home showed the actor shared on how this has been one of the most challenging things that they as a family had to endure.
He also said that how in the past he had been knocked out around and also got his ass kicked with various challenges. But getting tested positive for the COVID-19 was much different than overcoming any nasty injuries or even being evicted or even being broke.
The actor said that his family had been quite disciplined about adhering to the safety measures to avoid the spread.
He further added that the two young girls had suffered only a little sore throat for the first couple of days and had bounced back thereafter but Johnson and his wife had a rough go. However, he was happy to share that they as a family are all good now and that they are on the other end of it. He also confirmed that they are no longer contagious and thank God for the fact that they are healthy.
As the pandemic continues to rage across the United States, which is reportedly the most infected country in the world with over six million cases to date and more than 185000 death counts, the star further implored his fans to stay positive and take care of fellow human beings.
Johnson mentioned how his best friends have lost their parents and other family members to this virus and the fact is just so relentless and unforgiving. He also went onto advise his followers to follow the rules in case they contract COVID-19 that includes keeping social circles and be disciplined while being in quarantine. He also promised to answer questions about his experience with the illness in the future.
The actor urged everyone to wear masks to limit the spread and the fact that people including the politicians make the idea of wearing masks as a political agenda simply baffles him. For him, wearing a mask is the right thing and also the most responsible thing to do.
Johnson is the latest Hollywood star to reveal a positive COVID-19 diagnosis other than actors like Tom Hanks and his wife, Rita Wilson, Idris Elba, Lena Dunham, and Antonio Banderas among the dozen others who have already recovered from the virus.
Since the virus first swept around the world, many musicians and entertainment figures have fallen ill and some of the cases have even proven to be fatal including Canadian Broadway star Nick Cordero and musician Adam Schlesinger.
Related Posts :